Sunday, December 13, 2009

a gift for myself

After being a fan of Bruce Lee for years, I finally brought myself some documents I can touch.

http://www.amazon.com/Bruce-Lees-Fighting-Method-Complete/dp/0897501705/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_c


Rather than just a performer, he is really a great martial artist and philosopher, who often drives me to read Taoism's Daodejing. That is also a gift, from one of my very best friends.

Quite often, you can see those guys in the gym with hug muscles, or you can see those runners with very weak upper bodies. One can easily go into one extreme or another, with the original purpose of physical practice out of your mind.

It is the balance! Balance of speed, power and endurance. It is a process of self-completeness, instead of showing others what you can accomplish.

PS: wish the snow could arrive soon. i wanna go snowboarding.